Donate to Tualatin School House Pantry
Thank you for your interest in partnering with Tualatin School House Pantry!
Your donations to Tualatin School House Pantry are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. TSHP is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Federal Tax ID# 20-2253741. We give receipts to all donors if requested.
Food donations provide a direct, compassionate connection between donors and people who are hungry. Food drives provide some of the healthiest and highest-quality food we receive.
Cash donations keep our freezers running and allow us to provide fresh milk for our families. The donations are also used to host Medical Teams International mobile dental clinics and run other programs.
Donations of Food
Whether you just have a few items or hundreds of pounds or truckloads; you drop it off, or we'll pick it up. We appreciate high-value nutrition and care about convenience and ease of use for our clients but if you have safe, edible food or a food ingredient, we can probably find a way to use it. Contact Tualatin School House Pantry today!
Tualatin School House Pantry’s Immediate and Ongoing Needs
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Canned goods such as tuna, fruit, corn, and hearty soups with protein
- Cereal (hot or cold)
- Dried beans and rice
- Cooking oil, flour and sugar
- Hygiene items such as toilet paper, soap, shampoo, laundry soap
To ensure food safety, the Tualatin School House Pantry cannot use:
- Rusty or unlabeled cans
- Perishable items
- Homemade food items
- Non-commercial canned or packaged items
- Alcoholic beverages, mixes or soda
- Open or partially used items
NOTE: If you donate glass products, please box or bag them separately and label the box or bag "GLASS" on all sides.
Good Samaritan Law Protects Donors of Food
The Bill Emerson Good Samaritan Law is a federal statute that offers protection to anyone who donates food in good faith to a food bank or gleaning organization, should anyone who eats the food become ill.
Benefits of Making a Food Donation
The primary benefit from donating food will always be the satisfaction that comes from seeing resources used instead of wasted. But there are direct and indirect financial benefits as well such as:
- Saving storage costs. Reduced storage cost can be substantial.
- Save dumping fees. Dumping is expensive. In fact, the Metro Regional government estimates that typical dumping costs for businesses are $125 per ton.
- Receive a tax credit. (Also, a state tax credit is available to growers.)
Donations of Funds – How We Multiply Your Contribution
Every dollar you donate enables Tualatin School House Pantry purchase 10 pounds of food through Oregon Food Bank’s Food Share Program! Your $10 contribution helps the Tualatin School House Pantry collect and distribute enough food to fill an emergency food box. A typical emergency food box provides enough food for a family of four for three-to five-days.
How to Donate Funds
- You can donate online over a secure connection.
- Mail your contribution: Tualatin School House Pantry, P.O. Box 248, Tualatin, OR. 97062
- Become a Tualatin School House Pantry “Monthly Contributor” and help us fight hunger each and every month.
- Check with your employer to see if your donation is eligible for a matching gift programs to help multiply your gift to the pantry.
- Commit your corporation to corporate giving.
- Honor or remember someone special with a "Tribute Card"
- Leave a legacy through planned giving.
Donations of Goods and Services
Would you like to donate goods or services? Contact the Tualatin School House Pantry today to arrange a drop off time or a convenient time for us to pick it up.